My PhotoSession Philosophy
My photosession philosophy is quite simple: I feel that you should be able to see and use every photo from our photosession. Consequently, all of my photographic packages include a medium-res proof of each image I take on CD, which is usually a minimum of 50+ photos per session. You can plan on your session lasting 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours. Mini-Sessions, however last 15-30 minutes with fewer photos. Additionally, I want you to be able to customize a session package that best meets your needs. Therefore, my packages include the following steps:
- Begin by choosing the session type that best meets your needs: studio or on location. 50% is due at booking. Balance of payment for the session fee is due at the time of our session.
- Once you see your images, choose a digital file package of your choice.
- Lastly, decide if you would like to add-on a print collection or purchase more prints a la carte. Note that print collections and a la carte prints are only available AFTER you have purchased a digital file collection.
Once you have designed the perfect session package for yourself, our photosession will follow this plan:
- When you call to book your session, we will have a discussion about your expectations and desires for the session. We'll also decide on the perfect setting for your session and discuss details like wardrobe and perhaps props.
- From there, I will create a unique custom webpage that will be yours throughout our session together. It will include a summary of all the info we discussed on the phone, as well as other helpful tips.
- After our session, I will develop all the photos in my digital darkroom and make general adjustments for color and contrast. You may then download these proofs sized for printing up to 8x10 for your own printing and archival purposes. These digital proofs are included in all my portrait packages. Please note that the proof digital files and are not closely retouched, meaning I don't take the time to remove the same zit from all the images from your session. That being said, they have been "developed" and are beautiful photos and meant for personal printing.
- From there, your images posted on your online gallery, allow you to select the art print images included with your package, as well as any enlargments. All my art prints receive close attention in Photoshop and are carefully retouched, providing you with a high quality work of art from our photosession.
- Additionally, you will receive an 8x10 print of every art print file in your digital package. This 8x10 print is meant as a color reference, so you can see how the image should look printed if you choose to print any of the pictures on your own. Not every printer will create a good quality print. So the 8x10 print will allow you to see how the file should look printed. The inclusion of the 8x10 prints are not negotiable, as they're included in the price of each art print file.
Customize Your Session
I offer sessions both on location, as well as in my indoor/outdoor home-studio. My home-studio is located in South Chesterfield County.. . I also have an indoor studio with a wide variety of backdrops to choose from. Access to my indoor or outdoor studio is included in my studio session fee. I will also travel to a location of your choice. Please note that I do charge an extra $75 travel fee for locations more than15 miles from South Chesterfield, 23834.
In order to offer the greatest flexibility, I allow you to create the perfect customized package for our session together. You MUST choose both a session type and a digital collection. Your total cost for the session is the sum of both packages + VA State sales tax of 5.5%. So, for example, if I have a family of 5 and I would like a studio session with the Pearl collection, I would add the cost of the session ($225) to that of the collection ($600) for a total cost of $875 + tax. The session fee is due at the time of our session together. You then have a week after your images are posted into your online gallery to decide which digital package you would like. You do not need to decide which images you would like as your art print images within that one week, just which digital package you would like. Print collections and a la carte prints are not available for purchase until after you have chosen a digital package.
Step One: Choose A Session Type
|Number of People||Studio Session Fee||On-Location Session Fee|
|13+ people||$675 an hour||$800 an hour|
Step Two: Choose A Digital Collection
|Package Name||What's Included||Price|
|Ivory||all digital proofs + 1 full-res art print file of your choice + an 8x10 unmounted print of chosen art print file||$375|
|Lily||all digital proofs + 3 full-res art print files of your choice + an 8x10 unmounted print of each chosen art print file||$475|
|Pearl||all digital proofs + 6 full-res art print files of your choice + an 8x10 unmounted print of each chosen art print file||$600|
|Jade||all digital proofs + 12 full-res art print files of your choice + an 8x10 unmounted print of each chosen art print file||$800|
|Rose||all digital proofs + 24 full-res art print files of your choice + an 8x10 unmounted print of each chosen art print file||$1150|
**A note to out-of-state photographers and clients: Ron realizes that his pricing is significantly lower than other similarly talented photographers living in larger metropolitan areas. Please note that he feels he is priced well for the suburban/rural market that he serves in VA.
Proofs Versus Art Print Files
People often ask about the difference between my proofs and art print files. For starters, as a skilled photographer, my images out of camera are 99% where they need to be. Most of the magic of my images happens in-camera, not on a computer. That being said, I shoot in a digital negative format that has to be developed before it can be printed. When I "develop" my images and create printable proofs, I usually don't make many changes. I just give a general boost to color and contrast. From there, when I create an art print, I will clean up any little problem areas with the file (i.e. scratches on faces or stray grass, etc.). Then I will do a detailed edit of the file, perhaps adding a texture or doing vintage toning. In the end, the difference between the proof and art print edit of the same file can be very subtle. There is a difference, but generally the difference isn't all that dramatic. On occasion, an image will shift more noticeably for a variety of reasons, but that is rare. If you wonder how much your images will shift, please just ask me. I can tell even as I'm taking the photo how different the proof will be from the final art print edit.
Mouseover to see proof
Session Fee - $200 per person (minimum 4 people)
More than 10 People at the same session $175 per person
Our corporate headshots, include:
- On-site photo session so that you never have to leave the office;
- Multiple poses so that you have more options to choose from;
- Photographed on a plain background;
- Online portrait galleries to make reviewing your portraits private and convenient;
- Same day rush delivery available!
- Professional retouching on final portrait(s) to ensure you look your best;
- Digital delivery of your business portraits directly to your computer; and
- 2 versions of your final corporate portrait: a high-resolution version for print publications
and a web-resolution version optimized for use as your website bio or in presentations. 500 px optimized for social media and 2700 px for wire services
We have the ability to work around your BUSY schedule.
Headshot/Comp Card Pricing Individual:
Large $299 – 60 minute studio session, unlimited looks, 3 retouched images
Medium $199 – 40 minute studio session, unlimited looks, 2 retouched images
Small $99 – 20 minute studio session, 1 retouched image
Upgrade to on location for $110
$99 per person - 5+ people
$79 per person - 10+ people.
For groups more than 20 please call for special group rate 804-400-5118
We are available to bring a portable studio setup to your location. In many cases this saves time and money for businesses and cuts down on loss of productivity. Contact us for more information.
Corporate Events/Day Rates:
$750 Half Day - up to four hours
$1300 Whole Day - up to 8 hours
We are available to cover any corporate event. All pricing is based on a half day (up to four hours) or a whole day (up to eight hours). If you need photography for your next seminar, tradeshow, corporate event or meeting contact us for more information.
$39 Additional Retouched Images
$109 - All Session Images - individual headshot sessions only, unretouched
$500 - Copyright Usage Agreement and All Hi-Resolution Files – corporate only, unretouched
$50 - 25 8x10 Headshot Reproductions – shipping not included, in studio pick up is available